Is your store open?
Yes, we are open! Metamora is a small, seasonal historic canal town that caters to tourists May thru December. However, WE ARE OPEN YEAR ROUND! In November we enclose and heat the panning station area for our customers so that they can comfortably enjoy panning during the winter season.
Please reference Facebook or Google for our current hours as we often change to meet the environment of our tourist season. Feel free to contact us for more information and hours.
( Want to learn more? Read what our customers have to say! )
How long have you been in business?
We have been providing family fun for all ages since 2009.
Which product should I buy?
The size of our Premier and Fossil bags are perfect for one person. The Perfectly Polished Bag is perfect for those who enjoy polished gems verses raw.
The Family Treasure is great if you have a few children or friends sharing the experience and mining finds.
The Combo can easily be split between a couple of people, yielding a mixture of both gems and fossils.
If you’re a collector looking for oversized raw gem specimens, we recommend the Big Kahuna.
The Crystal Lovers and Big Show buckets give our customers the best of both worlds with plenty of raw gem specimens (small to oversized) plus beautiful polished specimens and other surprises from inside our shop — all wrapped individually and protected within the bucket.
Our Blacklight Bag contains a large portion of minerals that fluoresce, along with others that do not, making the examination process with the included black light even more fun.
Birthday Bags are customized based on the age and sex of the birthday person. A great variety of gems and hidden gifts inside makes this loads of fun.
Our popular Kundalini is perfect for those into the metaphysical properties of gems, crystal healings, and chakra energy work. A chakra bracelet, pendulum, chakra stone set, selenite wand, and myrrh incense are included.
Are your gemstones real?
Yes, our gemstones and fossils are straight from Mother Earth.
Where do the stones come from?
We deal with several mining companies, collectors, and importers to offer the widest variety of stones to our customers!
What kind of variety will I find in your bags?
We offer a blend of over 100 different types of gemstones, minerals, and fossils, including Quartz Crystal, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Pyrite, Emerald, Ruby, Garnet, Topaz, Aquamarine and so much more.
How many gems are in a bag?
In order to maintain consistency, each bag is made up based on the weight of the gems. We strive to post accurate examples in our product photos of the quantity you can expect in an order. We pride ourselves on making sure our customers are happy with their purchase and feel that they received more than their money’s worth.
How can I identify the gemstones and fossils I receive?
All Mining Rough orders come with a full-color identification chart and directions.
Will I find gemstones that are not on the identification chart?
Yes, our Mining Rough order is ever-changing with a variety so vast that we couldn’t fit all that we offer onto one brochure. We are always keeping it fresh to ensure no two bags are identical.
( Want to learn more? Read what our customers have to say! )
How is your customer service?
Top notch! We always work to solve problems quickly and be responsive to questions.
Why should I order from you?
We love what we do and care about our customers! We ship quickly, respond to requests, and strive to provide unique products that are sure to please!
What makes you different from other gemstone companies?
- The mining rough products we offer are larger than most out there. We do not offer bags less than 12 pounds in size, giving our customers a better experience.
- We have the largest variety available! We do not create our products utilizing gemstones from only one supplier. (Most of our competitors do!)
- We have HUGE gemstone specimens in our products. No bags of small chips here! In general, our policy has been the LARGER the product the LARGER the size and quantity of gems.
- We take time to create custom-made bags for birthdays, adding wrapped gifts inside the bag that are relevant to the recipient’s age and sex, making this a personalized gift.
- We also add wrapped items to such products as the Kundalini, Crystal Lover’s Bucket, and The Big Show to add fun and excitement, along with yielding much more than just raw gems!
- We offer a Facebook group (Metamora Miners) for our customers to aid them in stone identification and education. It’s also a great place to intermingle and catch up on store updates. Customers post pics of their finds, along with pics of winning contest pieces and giveaway items. Customers are free to ask questions and to seek the advice of others. (Please request to join our group!)
Where do you ship?
We ship world wide!
How does my order ship?
Your order ships via UPS. We do our best to get orders out the next day.
Can I ship my order as a gift?
Can you add a note to an order that is a gift?
Yes! Write your note in the NOTE section of your order
How much is shipping?
Shipping cost varies based on order size. UPS determines the shipping cost based on box dimensions and weight. We only charge you what UPS charges us. There is no handling fee.
How can I save on shipping?
Customers save on shipping by ordering multiple bags. For example, we can ship TWO of our 12 lb. bags (Premier or Fossil) for the same shipping cost as shipping ONE bag. We can ship TWO of our 22 lb. bags (Big Kahuna, Kundalini, Combo, Family Treasure, Black Light, or Birthday Bag) for just a slightly higher charge than shipping ONE bag — saving the customer on the overall shipping cost per bag!
Will I receive tracking information for my package?
Yes, you will be notified via email after a shipping label is created.
Do you offer coupon codes?
Yes, some of our monthly promotions are assigned a COUPON CODE that can be used for discounts. These can be found on our site or in a post on our Facebook page and Facebook Group page, Metamora Miners.
Do you offer monthly promotions?
Yes, each month we offer a new promotional sale, giveaway, or contest. Current promotions can be found on our site, Facebook page, and Facebook Group page, Metamora Miners.
Why won’t the order screen accept my shipping address?
This usually occurs when a customer is trying to place an order using a P. O. Box number as the shipping address. Sorry, we cannot ship to a P.O. Box.
How do I leave a review or recommendation?
Reviews and recommendations can be posted to our site, our Facebook page, Google, or Trip Advisor. We appreciate and welcome your comments.
How do I contact you?
We can be reached several ways:
1. Messaging us through this site.
2. Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Messaging us via our Facebook page at Metamora Gem Mine & Luna’s Garden Gift Shop.
4. Calling us at (812) 212-4123.